Rhubarb Meringue Dessert Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Stir in egg yolks and cream. Add rhubarb. Pour over crust. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until set.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, a tablespoon at a time, until stiff peaks form. Beat in vanilla. Spread over hot filling. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Rhubarb Meringue Dessert
Sort By :
"Wonderful. It kept very well too. L will make this again."
"Easy to make and very delicious!!"
"I have made this several times for parties and gettogethers. Everyone loves it."
"If you like rhubarb, you'll love this."
"This is absolutely delicious! Don't shy away from making this one.... it is easy to make! I always get compliments when I serve this. I ususally use frozen rhubarb."