My daughter makes this marmalade every spring when rhubarb's abundant. Our family enjoys her gift…a refreshing departure in flavor from all the berry jams and jellies. —Leo Nerbonne, Delta Juction, Alaska
64 ServingsPrep: 1-1/4 hours Process: 10 min.
- 6 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 6 cups sugar
- 2 medium oranges
- Combine rhubarb and sugar in a Dutch oven. Grind oranges, including
- the peels, in a food processor; add to rhubarb mixture. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring often until
- marmalade sheets from a spoon, about 1 hour.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into eight hot
- half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and
- adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims.
- Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are
- completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10
- minutes. Remove jars and cool.
- Yield: about 8 half-pints.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 76 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.