Rhubarb Mandarin Crisp Recipe
- 6 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Ice cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, toss the rhubarb, sugar and tapioca; let stand for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Top with the oranges.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, oats, flour and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle evenly over oranges.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until top is golden brown. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 323 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Rhubarb Mandarin Crisp
"Delicious! Our neighbor had a bumper crop of rhubarb this year so had to try this. I subbed 1# of sliced strawberries in place of the mandarin oranges and it was wonderful."
"Thank you so much! Looks delicious and I can't believe I have not seen this recipe sooner. Sounds good with rhubarb, mandarin and strawberries...possibly peaches later in the season. I'm jumping way ahead here. Still a chilly April for us. Please forgive me for rating before I try it..."