Rhubarb Mandarin Crisp Recipe
- 6 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Ice cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, toss the rhubarb, sugar and tapioca; let stand for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Top with the oranges.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, oats, flour and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle evenly over oranges.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until top is golden brown. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 323 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Rhubarb Mandarin Crisp
"Add tsp pumpkin pie spice, or cinnamon & ground cloves, to step #1."
"Delicious! Our neighbor had a bumper crop of rhubarb this year so had to try this. I subbed 1# of sliced strawberries in place of the mandarin oranges and it was wonderful."
"Thank you so much! Looks delicious and I can't believe I have not seen this recipe sooner. Sounds good with rhubarb, mandarin and strawberries...possibly peaches later in the season. I'm jumping way ahead here. Still a chilly April for us. Please forgive me for rating before I try it..."