Rhubarb Mandarin Crisp Recipe
- 6 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, toss the rhubarb, sugar and tapioca; let stand for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Top with the oranges.
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, oats, flour and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle evenly over oranges.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until top is golden brown. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Rhubarb Mandarin Crisp
Sort By :
I make this yummy dessert several times during rhubarb season. It's always a hit with the rhubarb crowd when I take it to a potluck. I usually double the amount of mandarin oranges. It's also delicious with strawberries or thinly sliced apples instead of the oranges.