Rhubarb Mallow Cobbler Recipe
From her kitchen in Webster City, Iowa, Judy Kay Warwick writes, “My mom used to make this every year when I was growing up. Now we take fresh rhubarb to my son in Texas so he can share this recipe with his family.”
- 4 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine rhubarb and 1-1/2 cups sugar. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with marshmallows.
- 2. In a small bowl, cream the butter, vanilla and remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Beat just until moistened; spoon over rhubarb.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 323 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 285 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC