Rhubarb Mallow Cobbler Recipe
My mom used to make this cobbler every year when I was growing up. Now we take fresh rhubarb to my son in Texas so he can share this recipe with his family. —Judy Kay Warwick, Webster City, Iowa
- 4 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine rhubarb and 1-1/2 cups sugar. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with marshmallows.
- 2. In a small bowl, cream the butter, vanilla and remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Beat just until moistened; spoon over rhubarb.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving: 323 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Rhubarb Mallow Cobbler
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC