From her kitchen in Webster City, Iowa, Judy Kay Warwick writes, “My mom used to make this every year when I was growing up. Now we take fresh rhubarb to my son in Texas so he can share this recipe with his family.”
- 4 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- In a large bowl, combine rhubarb and 1-1/2 cups sugar. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with marshmallows.
- In a small bowl, cream the butter, vanilla and remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Beat just until moistened; spoon over rhubarb.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb Mallow Cobbler in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p46
Reviews for Rhubarb Mallow Cobbler
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 5, 2010
"When rhubarb is in season I make this all the time. Not to sweet and very easy to make. Company love it too."
Reviewed May. 14, 2009
"Very easy dessert to make and recieved many compliments."