Rhubarb Lemon Muffins Recipe
Kathleen Smith of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania says: “My father has a rhubarb plant and gives me some every spring. Some of it I stew for him, but I always save some for a new recipe. This is one of the tastiest I've tried.”
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, salt and ginger. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk, oil and lemon peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in rhubarb.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the middle comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin equals 203 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 221 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Rhubarb Lemon Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC