I received this recipe from a friend about 15 years ago. It's a nice surprise for ketchup lovers, and so easy to prepare. The spicy flavor makes this one of the tastiest ketchups I've ever had!
48 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 1 hour + chilling
- 4 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook for 1 hour or
- until thickened. Cool. Refrigerate in covered containers. Yield:
- 6-7 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 43 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.