Rhubarb Ketchup Recipe
- 4 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook for 1 hour or until thickened. Cool. Refrigerate in covered containers. Yield: 6-7 cups.
Reviews for Rhubarb Ketchup(6)
Sort By :
The pickling spice over powered everything, will not be making again.
This recipe is fantastic!!! My daughter who puts ketchup on everything loves it. I did use one reviewers suggestion to use the immersion blender to smooth it out. It's great and has become our replacement for good old tomato ketchup.
Thanks for sharing!!!
I've served it on pork & it is finger lickin' good!
After cooking the sauce down a bit, I used an immersion blender to smooth it out a little. It is absolutely wonderful with turkey burgers.