Rhubarb Ketchup Recipe
- 4 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Place pickling spice on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather corners of cloth to enclose seasoning; tie securely with string. Add to saucepan. Cook 1 hour or until thickened.
- Discard spice bag. Cool ketchup. Store in airtight containers in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-7 cups.
Reviews for Rhubarb Ketchup(6)
Sort By :
The pickling spice over powered everything, will not be making again.
This recipe is fantastic!!! My daughter who puts ketchup on everything loves it. I did use one reviewers suggestion to use the immersion blender to smooth it out. It's great and has become our replacement for good old tomato ketchup.
Thanks for sharing!!!
I've served it on pork & it is finger lickin' good!
After cooking the sauce down a bit, I used an immersion blender to smooth it out a little. It is absolutely wonderful with turkey burgers.