Rhubarb Icebox Dessert Recipe
A light and fluffy marshmallow layer tops the rhubarb filling in this delicious make-ahead recipe shared by Dumont, Minnesota field editor Renee Schwebach.
- 1-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry or strawberry gelatin
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups cracker crumbs and butter. Press mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and rhubarb. Bing to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened and rhubarb is tender. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until partially set.
- 3. Spoon rhubarb mixture over crust. Combine whipped topping and marshmallows; spread over rhubarb mixture.
- 4. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Carefully spread over marshmallow topping (the dish will be full). Sprinkle with remaining cracker crumbs. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 15 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC