Rhubarb Icebox Dessert
A light and fluffy marshmallow layer tops the rhubarb filling in this delicious make-ahead recipe shared by Dumont, Minnesota field editor Renee Schwebach.
15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry or strawberry gelatin
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- In a small bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups cracker crumbs and butter. Press
- mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350°
- for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and rhubarb. Bing
- to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened and
- rhubarb is tender. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until
- dissolved. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until partially set.
- Spoon rhubarb mixture over crust. Combine whipped topping and
- marshmallows; spread over rhubarb mixture.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand
- for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Carefully spread over marshmallow