- 4 cups sliced rhubarb
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 to 7 drops red food coloring, optional
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a large saucepan, bring rhubarb, sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until rhubarb is soft.
- Stir in marshmallows, lemon juice and food coloring if desired; cook and stir until marshmallows are melted. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Fold in whipped cream. Transfer to a freezer container; cover and freeze for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Yield: about 2 quarts.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Rhubarb Ice Cream
"This was absolutely delicious! I only had half the cream I needed to make it, and it didn't turn out as smooth as would be expected as a result, but it was just perfect. No one else was a fan, but I plan on keeping this recipe and making a big batch to be frozen for myself!"
"This is delicious. This really does taste like fresh Rhubarb pie. I like that you don't need an ice cream freezer, but it turns out just as good."
"I've been using this recipe for years. It tastes just like fresh rhubarb pie."