Rhubarb Ice Cream for 2
This is a great small version of a delicious recipe. This is refreshing and rich-tasting ice cream on a hot summer evening.—Rachel Garcia, Arlington, Virginia
2 ServingsPrep: 40 min. + freezing
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place rhubarb in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle
- with sugar; toss to coat. Cover and bake at 375° for 25-30
- minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Process in a food processor until blended. Transfer to a bowl; cover
- and refrigerate until chilled.
- Stir in lemon juice. In a bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually fold into rhubarb mixture. Transfer to a shallow 1-qt.
- freezer container. Freeze, uncovered, for 1 hour, stirring every 15
- minutes. Cover and freeze overnight. Yield: 1-1/3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 612 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 26 mg sodium, 106 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.