Rhubarb Ice Cream
"Always refreshing, this rich-tasting ice cream is great on a spring or summer evening," suggests field editor Rachel Garcia of Honolulu, Hawaii.
5 ServingsPrep: 40 min. + freezing
- 3 cups sliced fresh rhubarb
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 375°. In an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish,
- combine rhubarb and sugar; toss lightly to combine. Bake, covered,
- 30-40 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Place rhubarb mixture a blender; cover and process until pureed.
- Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate, covered, until cold.
- Stir lemon juice into rhubarb. In a small bowl, beat cream until
- stiff peaks form; fold into rhubarb mixture. Transfer to a shallow
- 1-qt. freezer container. Freeze 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Freeze, covered, overnight or until firm. Yield: 2-3/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 489 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 85 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.