Rhubarb Ice Cream Recipe
- 4 cups sliced rhubarb
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 to 7 drops red food coloring, optional
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a large saucepan, bring rhubarb, sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until rhubarb is soft.
- Stir in marshmallows, lemon juice and food coloring if desired; cook and stir until marshmallows are melted. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Fold in whipped cream. Transfer to a freezer container; cover and freeze for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Yield: about 2 quarts.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Rhubarb Ice Cream(2)
Sort By :
This is delicious. This really does taste like fresh Rhubarb Pie. I like that you don't need an ice cream freezer, but it turns out just as good.
I've been using this recipe for years. It tastes just like fresh rhubarb pie.
More Recipe Collections
- Homemade Ice Cream >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >