Rhubarb Granola Crisp Recipe
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 1-1/2 cups granola without raisins
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- Ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, 1/4 cup flour and sugar; stir in jam and set aside. In another large bowl, combine the granola, brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon, ginger and remaining flour. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press 2 cups of the granola mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking dish; spread rhubarb mixture over the crust. Sprinkle with remaining granola mixture. Bake at 375° for 30-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Rhubarb Granola Crisp
Sort By :
I'm not a huge rhubarb fan but I LOVE strawberry rhubarb crisps. The topping really makes this dish great. I LOVE crisps that stay crispy and the addition of the granola really helps this topping stay crunchy. Since I'm not a rhubarb fan I just the rhubarb in half and replace it with fresh strawberries. The jam adds an extra sweetness and flavor level.
I make rhubarb monthly. This was a really good crisp and I will make it again. I did add a pinch of nutmeg to the topping.
Our family LOVE this recipe.... we have made a different version of ruhbarb crisp, but this one was like gourmet. Loved it