Rhubarb Granola Crisp Recipe
Meet the Cook: When my husband and I moved to our house in town, the rhubarb patch had to come along! This is a hit whether I serve it warm with ice cream or cold. We're the parents of three married sons and the grandparents of three. -Arlene Beitz, Cambridge, Ontario
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:9 servings
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 1-1/2 cups granola without raisins
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- Ice cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, 1/4 cup flour and sugar; stir in jam and set aside. In another large bowl, combine the granola, brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon, ginger and remaining flour. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 2. Press 2 cups of the granola mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking dish; spread rhubarb mixture over the crust. Sprinkle with remaining granola mixture. Bake at 375° for 30-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 395 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC