Rhubarb Granola Crisp Recipe
Meet the Cook: When my husband and I moved to our house in town, the rhubarb patch had to come along! This is a hit whether I serve it warm with ice cream or cold. We're the parents of three married sons and the grandparents of three. -Arlene Beitz, Cambridge, Ontario
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- 1-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 1-1/2 cups granola without raisins
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- Ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, 1/4 cup flour and sugar; stir in jam and set aside. In another large bowl, combine the granola, brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon, ginger and remaining flour. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press 2 cups of the granola mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking dish; spread rhubarb mixture over the crust. Sprinkle with remaining granola mixture. Bake at 375° for 30-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb Granola Crisp in Country Woman March/April 1999, p29
Reviews for Rhubarb Granola Crisp(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2011
Our family LOVE this recipe.... we have made a different version of ruhbarb crisp, but this one was like gourmet. Loved it