- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons coarsely crushed gingersnaps
- In a large saucepan, bring rhubarb and sugar to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until rhubarb is tender and mixture is reduced to 1-1/3 cups. Remove from the heat. Cool for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Beat in confectioners' sugar. Add sour cream and extract; beat until stiff peaks form.
- In four parfait glasses, place about 2 tablespoons rhubarb mixture and 1/4 cup cream mixture; repeat layers. Sprinkle with gingersnaps. Chill until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Rhubarb Gingersnap Parfaits
"I couldn't bear the thought of eating spoons full of sour cream so I added 4 oz of marscapone to 8 oz of heavy whipping cream, 2 Tbsp sugar, 1 tsp vanilla and beat to stiff peaks. I also layered crumbs (bottom), rhubarb, whipped cream mixture and repeated. Pretty good but think it'd be better with graham cracker crumbs instead of gingersnaps. I made it for my dad since rhubarb is his favorite and he loved it! Thanks Diane!"
"Loved these. Great light dessert on a hot day."