Rhubarb Frozen Yogurt
My frozen yogurt makes a refreshing end to any meal. The rhubarb flavor is fantastic.—Sarah Bradley, Athens, Texas
8 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + chilling Freeze: 2 hours
- 5 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 cups fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon red food coloring, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb and 3/4 cup sugar; let stand for
- 15 minutes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10
- minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from the
- heat; cool completely.
- Stir in the yogurt, orange juice, remaining sugar and food coloring
- if desired. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Freeze in an ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's
- directions. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours
- before serving. Yield: 1 quart.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 177 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 39 mg carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat-free milk.