My frozen yogurt makes a refreshing end to any meal. The rhubarb flavor is fantastic.—Sarah Bradley, Athens, Texas
- 5 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 cups fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon red food coloring, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb and 3/4 cup sugar; let stand for 15 minutes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat; cool completely.
- Stir in the yogurt, orange juice, remaining sugar and food coloring if desired. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Freeze in an ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's directions. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 1 quart.
Originally published as Rhubarb Frozen Yogurt in Country Woman March/April 2002, p37
Reviews for Rhubarb Frozen Yogurt
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review