Rhubarb Fritters Recipe
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks, milk and butter. Gradually add to dry ingredients, stirring until smooth.
- Toss rhubarb with remaining sugar; gently stir into batter. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into batter.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into oil. Fry a few at a time, turning with a slotted spoon until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve warm. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Rhubarb Fritters(2)
Sort By :
I agree- the batter is a bit soupy. Making these fritters is like making hush puppies- You'll have to tweak it in order for it to come out right. After tweaking, the fritters came out perfect and enjoyable!
Is something missing from this recipe? The batter is really soupy so I added more flour. In addition the fritters come out flat as pancakes. Nothing like the round balls shown in the pictures. Please look in to this. Thank You.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Doughnuts >
- Mother's Day Doughnut Recipes >
- Mother's Day Pastry Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Rhubarb Recipes >