Rhubarb Fool with Strawberries
A fool is a classic British dessert that's usually made with whipped cream and cooked fruit. Try my quick version with rhubarb and berries.&mdashCheryl Miller in Fort Coollins, Colorado.
6 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1-inch pieces)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Dash salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb, sugar, orange juice and salt.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until
- rhubarb is tender. Cool slightly.
- Process rhubarb mixture in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a
- bowl; refrigerate, covered, until cold.
- Just before serving, in a large bowl, whip cream until soft peaks
- form. Lightly fold in pureed rhubarb and strawberries.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 213 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.