Rhubarb Fool with Strawberries Recipe
A fool is a classic British dessert that's usually made with whipped cream and cooked fruit. Try my quick version with rhubarb and berries. —Cheryl Miller, Fort Collins, Colorado
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:6 servings
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1-inch pieces)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Dash salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb, sugar, orange juice and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Cool slightly.
- 2. Process rhubarb mixture in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate, covered, until cold.
- 3. Just before serving, in a large bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Lightly fold in pureed rhubarb and strawberries. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 213 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC