Rhubarb Fool with Strawberries Recipe
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1-inch pieces)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Dash salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb, sugar, orange juice and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Cool slightly.
- 2. Process rhubarb mixture in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate, covered, until cold.
- 3. Just before serving, in a large bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Lightly fold in pureed rhubarb and strawberries. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving: 213 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Rhubarb Fool with Strawberries
"I love how simple fools are to make. This is an interesting take on one. I think the rhubarb makes this a little to tart, combined with the orange juice. I would try to again with something else, like kiwi, instead of the rhubarb."