Rhubarb Fool with Strawberries Recipe
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1-inch pieces)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Dash salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb, sugar, orange juice and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Cool slightly.
- 2. Process rhubarb mixture in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate, covered, until cold.
- 3. Just before serving, in a large bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Lightly fold in pureed rhubarb and strawberries. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving: 213 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Rhubarb Fool with Strawberries
"I love how simple fools are to make. This is an interesting take on one. I think the rhubarb makes this a little to tart, combined with the orange juice. I would try to again with something else, like kiwi, instead of the rhubarb."