A fool is a classic British dessert that's usually made with whipped cream and cooked fruit. Try my quick version with rhubarb and berries. —Cheryl Miller, Fort Collins, Colorado
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1-inch pieces)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Dash salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb, sugar, orange juice and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Cool slightly.
- Process rhubarb mixture in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate, covered, until cold.
- Just before serving, in a large bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Lightly fold in pureed rhubarb and strawberries. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb Fool with Strawberries in Taste of Home April/May 2013
Reviews for Rhubarb Fool with Strawberries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2013
"I love how simple fools are to make. This is an interesting take on one. I think the rhubarb makes this a little to tart, combined with the orange juice. I would try to again with something else, like kiwi, instead of the rhubarb."