This rhubarb dessert is a welcome change from rhubarb pies, which seem to be so commonly served. It's light, sweet and great for that coffee break!
- 5 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 5 tablespoons water
- 2 to 4 drops red food coloring
- 2 cups dry white or yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Place rhubarb in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add food coloring. Cool slightly and pour over rhubarb.
- Sprinkle with cake mix, coconut and nuts. Drizzle with butter. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until cake tests done. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb Flip in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p88
Reviews for Rhubarb Flip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review