- 5 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 5 tablespoons water
- 2 to 4 drops red food coloring
- 2 cups dry white or yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Place rhubarb in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add food coloring. Cool slightly and pour over rhubarb.
- Sprinkle with cake mix, coconut and nuts. Drizzle with butter. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until cake tests done. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Rhubarb Flip(5)
Sort By :
This recipe is a beauty! It's delicious in every way and pretty to look at besides! I wouldn't change a thing.
I made this (without trying it out first!!!) to guests and they raved. They called it rhubarb pie and I didn't correct them. Yummy and the end-result of toasted coconut and nuts (as mentioned previously) is especially good! I will make again absolutely!
Great Recipe! I am not a rhubarb person (never have been). This recipe is really good, looks interesting after it comes out of the oven (the coconut and nuts are toasted). Excellent! Will make again! Now I have a good way to use the rhubarb that goes in yard!
When using frozen rhubarb do you thaw it first or just put in frozen?
All I can say is . . . YUMMY! This is an excellent recipe! We have made it several times and is a family favorite when the rhubarb is ready in the garden!