Rhubarb Dream Bars Recipe
Dreaming of a different way to use rhubarb? Try these sweet bars shared by Marion Tomlinson of Madison, Wisconsin. She tops a tender shortbread-like crust with rhubarb, walnuts and coconut for delicious results.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup flour and the confectioners' sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Pat into a lightly greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine sugar and remaining flour. Add eggs. Stir in the rhubarb, walnuts and coconut; pour over crust. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Rhubarb Dream Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC