Rhubarb Dessert Recipe
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine sugars and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth. Add rhubarb and butter. Cover and microwave on high for 3-1/2 minutes; stir. Microwave 2 minutes longer or until rhubarb is tender and sauce is thickened.
- 2. Meanwhile, for dumplings, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, milk and butter. Drop batter in eight mounds around the edge of dish. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes (do not lift cover). Rotate a quarter-turn; microwave 2 minutes longer or until toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over top. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 313 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Rhubarb Dessert
"Was not sure how a recipe with just rhubarb (not a strawberry combo) would go over, or how a microwave recipe would turn out. Tried this just to find out. Cannot believe how much we LOVED it! It is so yummy (especially with just a little bit of vanilla ice cream melted over the top)! We will be making this again every year with rhubarb from Grandma, as well as sharing this recipe with everyone! The best part is that it comes together so easily and is READY in 10- 15 minutes, if the rhubarb is already chopped. No oven heating up the house on a hot day!"
"This was so good and so easy. Loved this simple recipe."