I have shared this recipe with many people since it was passed on to me by a relative. I freeze rhubarb when it’s in season so I can make it year-round.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine butter and brown sugar. Top with rhubarb.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, water and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour over rhubarb.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream or ice cream. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb Dessert Cake in Country April/May 2007, p49
Reviews for Rhubarb Dessert Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review