Rhubarb Custard Cake
Rhubarb thrives in my northern garden and is one of the few crops the pesky moose don't bother! Of all the rhubarb desserts I've tried, this pudding cake is my No. 1 choice. It has old-fashioned appeal but is so simple to prepare.
-Evelyn Gebhardt, Kasilof, Alaska
12-15 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream and fresh mint, optional
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Pour into a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with rhubarb and sugar.
- Slowly pour cream over top.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 15
- minutes before serving. Garnish with whipped cream and mint if
- desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-15 servings.