- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 7 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 5 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a bowl, combine the flour and sugar; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for filling, combine sugar and flour in a bowl. Whisk in cream and eggs. Stir in the rhubarb. Pour over crust. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until custard is set. Cool.
- For topping, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth; fold in whipped cream. Spread over top. Cover and chill. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Rhubarb Custard Bars
Sort By :
"Love it! I made it as shown and everyone loved it, but wanted a little more of the rhubarb. I will use 6 cups rhubarb next time."
"These were wonderful.. I did add more sugar to both the crust and filling but didn't frost the bars."
"This is a great recipe. Nice and creamy, the rhubarb is very mellow and the topping is not too sweet. This will go into my keeper recipes. I made the recipe exactly as is and didn't make any changes."
"wonderful recipe. Even those who don't like rhubarb like this dessert."
"My new FAVORITE rhubarb recipe!!!!!"