Rhubarb Crumble Recipe
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup diced peeled apples
- 1/2 to 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cold butter
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. Combine rhubarb, apples and strawberries; spoon into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over rhubarb mixture. Set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in brown sugar and oats. Sprinkle over rhubarb mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm or cold with a scoop of ice cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 227 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Rhubarb Crumble
"Made this for years. Gret just the way it is, but only use fresh fruit."
"This was easy and very delicious. I didn't have any apples, so I left them out. I have made this a few times.I have also doubled it and put it in a 9x13 pan."
"This recipe is simple and very delcious! The QB"
"Absolutely the BEST rhubarb dessert that my family ever ate.Thank you for the recipe."