- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup diced peeled apples
- 1/2 to 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cold butter
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Combine rhubarb, apples and strawberries; spoon into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over rhubarb mixture. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in brown sugar and oats. Sprinkle over rhubarb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm or cold with a scoop of ice cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Rhubarb Crumble
Sort By :
"Made this for years. Gret just the way it is, but only use fresh fruit."
"This was easy and very delicious. I didn't have any apples, so I left them out. I have made this a few times.I have also doubled it and put it in a 9x13 pan."
"This recipe is simple and very delcious! The QB"
"Absolutely the BEST rhubarb dessert that my family ever ate.Thank you for the recipe."