- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Stir in rhubarb. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Rhubarb Crumb Coffee Cake
Sort By :
Yum!! I love this recipe! Very moist! I like to do a drizzle of icing sugar mixed with a little milk on top!
This is my favorite rhubarb recipe. I've made it a number of times and it's always a hit. Easy and yummy!!
This recipe has been one of my summer favorites since I found it in the magazine years ago!
Fantastic! I got rave reviews from co-workers all day...until the last morsel vanished. Moist inside, great rhubarb flavor, and crunch sweet topping. Yum!