- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Fold in rhubarb and walnuts.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. For topping, combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 8 muffins.
Reviews for Rhubarb Cream Muffins
Sort By :
Unfortunately I had the same problem as others did, my muffins fell completely apart. They taste great, but look terrible. Something has to be missing from the recipe because they just fall all to pieces.
These looked nothing like the picture! They had no flavor and they didn't rise! They ended up dark brown and awful! I followed the recipe so I don't know what I did wrong!
I followed the recipe, but my muffins were a colossal flop. They baked all the way, but had holes in the middle. I peeled the papers off and smashed them together in a pan. They taste good, but look awful.
These are very tasty!! I can't wait for my rhubarb to come up in the next month or so...
I don't know what I did wrong but these were an absolute flop!! They taste wonderful so I will try them again! Anyone have tips for me??