My friend Barbara gave me this recipe, and it's easy to double. The tender, golden muffins have a mild rhubarb flavor and a tasty cinnamon topping. They freeze well, too. —Margaret Guest, Trenton, Ontario
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Fold in rhubarb and walnuts.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. For topping, combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 8 muffins.
Originally published as Rhubarb Cream Muffins in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p39
Reviews for Rhubarb Cream Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review