- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- RHUBARB LAYER:
- 3 cups sliced fresh rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- CREAM LAYER:
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For crust, combine the flour and sugar; cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Pat into 10-in. pie plate; set aside.
- For rhubarb layer, combine the rhubarb, sugar and flour; toss lightly and pour into crust. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare cream layer by beating together cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Pour over hot rhubarb layer. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until almost set. Remove to a wire rack. Combine topping ingredients; spread over hot cream layer. Cool completely. Chill. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Rhubarb Cream Delight Dessert
"Really good and easy to make. My only issue was my crust was soggy. I may switch to a regular pie crust and even prebake it first. Other than that, this pie is really really good and we gobbled it up soggy crust and all. Thanks for sharing this one."
"I have made this recipe for over 10 years and it always gets rave reviews. I just won a local pie contest with this recipe in the icebox pie division. This is a yummy dessert! It doesn't look exciting until it is cut...then the contrast of the bright red rhubarb & the cream layers is quite enticing."
"My husband is a purist when it comes to rhubarb pies. He wants a two crust rhubarb pie without any other fruit in it. He just loved this dessert. With each piece he ate, he said that it tasted like "more"."
"Made this twice over the Memorial Day weekend. Added a little more than 3 cups of rhubarb and made a rhubarb sauce that I put over the top of the slices -- made a great dessert SUPER."
"theyi was just wondering how many of you are disappointed in the las issue of taste of home i will not be renewing my sudscription as planned why too much advertising and since some of the ads were about alcohol my daughter can not they have a cooking class that used alot of use them at school now dince of some of the ads they are not acceptable to bad you ruined a very good thing"