Rhubarb Cranberry Cookies Recipe
Elaine Scott from Lafayette, Indiana submitted this sweet 'n' tangy treat. "I like the sudden hit of sweetness when you bite into the white chocolate. It really complements the tart flavor from the rhubarb and cranberries."
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cups diced frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the oats, rhubarb, chips and cranberries.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. In a microwave, melt white chocolate; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 84 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 67 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Rhubarb Cranberry Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC