Rhubarb Corn Bread Stuffing Recipe
This distinctive stuffing is awesome alongside ham, chicken or turkey. I've been a rhubarb fan since I was a girl, so when a friend suggested this recipe, I had to try it. Now when I serve this side dish, my guests are usually curious about my special ingredient...and they love it! -Kathy Petrullo, Long Island City, New York
- 5 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces), thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 3 cups crushed corn bread stuffing
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, toss rhubarb and sugar; set aside. In a large skillet, saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender; add to rhubarb mixture. Stir in stuffing and walnuts.
- 2. In a small skillet, melt the remaining butter over medium heat; pour over the stuffing mixture and toss lightly.
- 3. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. shallow baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until stuffing is heated through and top is lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 305 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 360 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC