Rhubarb Cooler Recipe
"I've shared this recipe with many people who tell me it's one of the best beverages they've ever had," affirms Hazel McMullin of Amherst, Nova Scotia. "It's an attractive and fizzy refresher."
- 3 pounds fresh or frozen rhubarb, chopped (about 10 cups)
- 2 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 1. In a Dutch oven, bring rhubarb, water and orange peel to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until rhubarb is very tender. Cool slightly. Strain through cheesecloth; discard pulp.
- 2. Return liquid to the pan. Stir in the sugar, lemon juice, orange juice and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 3. To serve, pour 2/3 cup rhubarb mixture over ice; add 1/3 cup soda. Yield: 3 quarts.
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Rhubarb Cooler
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2014
"Very cool and refreshing. Will make this recipe again!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC