- 3 pounds fresh or frozen rhubarb, chopped (about 10 cups)
- 2 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- In a Dutch oven, bring rhubarb, water and orange peel to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until rhubarb is very tender. Cool slightly. Strain through cheesecloth; discard pulp.
- Return liquid to the pan. Stir in the sugar, lemon juice, orange juice and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- To serve, pour 2/3 cup rhubarb mixture over ice; add 1/3 cup soda. Yield: 3 quarts.
Originally published as Rhubarb Cooler in Taste of Home February/March 2003, p65
Reviews for Rhubarb Cooler
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2014
Very cool and refreshing. Will make this recipe again!