Rhubarb Compote with Yogurt & Almonds Recipe
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh rhubarb
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups reduced-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine rhubarb, sugar and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until rhubarb is tender, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a bowl; cool slightly. Refrigerate until cold.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk yogurt and honey until blended. Spoon into serving dishes. Top with compote; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup yogurt with about 2 tablespoons compote and 2 tablespoons almonds equals 218 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 49 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 reduced-fat milk, 1 fat.