My grandma Dot used to make rhubarb compote and always had some in the freezer when I came to visit. This breakfast is a tribute to her. No two stalks of rhubarb are exactly alike, so make sure to taste your compote before you chill it. It should be tart, but sometimes needs a little extra sugar. —Michael Hoffman, Brooklyn, New York
Featured In: 37 Easy Breakfast Ideas with 5 Ingredients or Less
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh rhubarb
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups reduced-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a small saucepan, combine rhubarb, sugar and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until rhubarb is tender, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a bowl; cool slightly. Refrigerate until cold.
- In a small bowl, whisk yogurt and honey until blended. Spoon into serving dishes. Top with compote; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb Compote with Yogurt & Almonds in Simple & Delicious June/July 2014
Reviews for Rhubarb Compote with Yogurt & Almonds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review