Rhubarb Coconut Cookies Recipe
At our garden club fund-raiser, each group within the club serves a different kind of food. These cookies are made by the "rhubarb group"...and they are always the first to sell out!
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:18 servings
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1. In a bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Add egg; beat well. Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Mix well. Stir in rhubarb, nuts, raisins and coconut.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 252 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC