- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- In a bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Add egg; beat well. Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Mix well. Stir in rhubarb, nuts, raisins and coconut.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Rhubarb Coconut Cookies
Sort By :
"These are some extremely good cookies. I followed the recipe all the way. can't wait to share them with family and friends. make them you wont be sorry."
"This is a very delicious cookies. It is a soft cookie.I would sure makes these again and again. They were half gone as soon as they were cool. Very good. I omitted the raisins as I didn't have any and also omitted the cloves as I don't care for them.,but they still turned out very good."