At our garden club fund-raiser, each group within the club serves a different kind of food. These cookies are made by the "rhubarb group"...and they are always the first to sell out!
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- In a bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Add egg; beat well. Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Mix well. Stir in rhubarb, nuts, raisins and coconut.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Rhubarb Coconut Cookies in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p90
Reviews for Rhubarb Coconut Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review