Rhubarb is a wonderful summer fruit which adds a lot of flavor to whatever you put it in. This pudding will be a hit!—Bonnie Alstatt, Elberfeld, Indiana
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups soft bread cubes, lightly toasted (about 5 slices)
- 1 cup flaked coconut, divided
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan; bring to boil. Remove from the heat; add butter and rhubarb. Cover and let stand 15 minutes. Drain, reserving liquid. Blend liquid with egg and vanilla. Combine bred cubes, rhubarb mixture, egg mixture and 3/4 cup coconut. Place in a greased 1-qt. casserole. Sprinkle with the remaining coconut. Bake at 325° for 45 minutes or until set. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb Coconut Bread Pudding in Country Woman March/April 1993, p35
Reviews for Rhubarb Coconut Bread Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review