Rhubarb Cobbler with Oat Dumplings Recipe
My friend shared this recipe with me and we consider it one of our health-minded recipes. It's easy to put together, looks lovely and tastes delicious!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in water and orange juice. Cook and stir until thickened and clear. Add rhubarb and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Pour into a 2-qt. baking dish. For dumplings, combine flours, oats, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Combine milk and oil; add to flour mixture, stirring lightly until blended. Spoon over rhubarb. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over dumplings. Bake at 425° for 40 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 196 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC