Rhubarb Cobbler with Oat Dumplings Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in water and orange juice. Cook and stir until thickened and clear. Add rhubarb and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Pour into a 2-qt. baking dish. For dumplings, combine flours, oats, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Combine milk and oil; add to flour mixture, stirring lightly until blended. Spoon over rhubarb. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over dumplings. Bake at 425° for 40 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 196 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Rhubarb Cobbler with Oat Dumplings
"This recipe is delicious. How often do you find a dessert that is under 200 calories? I goofed and threw in the rhubarb along with the sauce as it was cooking instead of adding it after it was thickened and it still turned out fine. I didn't have o.j. on hand but used orange pineapple juice with good results. This is a scrumptious recipe that doesn't have trans fats. Weight Watchers would like to hear about this one. Loved it."
"Yummy! Note - the sugar, cornstarch, water & orange juice mixture never got clear, just thickened after I turned the heat up enough. Turned out great!~ Theresa"