Rhubarb Cloud Recipe
This sweet sauce is scrumptious served over ice cream. My sister shared the quick and easy recipe with me.—Anna Daley, Montague, Prince Edward Island
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring rhubarb, sugar, lemon juice and orange peel to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, over medium heat until mixture is reduced to about 1 cup, about 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- 2. In a bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold in rhubarb mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 323 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 27 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Rhubarb Cloud
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC