Rhubarb Citrus Punch
Rhubarb grows abundantly in our large farm garden. I'll make this punch for summertime gatherings or for special occasions with our extended family.
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 8 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 5 cups water
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 cups orange juice
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 quart ginger ale, chilled
- 1 quart fresh or frozen strawberries, optional
- Ice cubes
- In a large kettle, simmer rhubarb and water until rhubarb is soft.
- Cool; strain through several layers of cheesecloth. Measure 4 cups
- juice and return to kettle with the sugar. Heat until sugar is
- dissolved. Chill.
- Refrigerate or freeze any remaining rhubarb juice for another batch.
- Combine orange and lemon juices and rhubarb mixture. Refrigerate
- until ready to serve. Just before serving, stir in ginger ale and
- strawberries if desired. Serve in chilled glass over ice. Yield:
- about 12 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 153 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.