Rhubarb Citrus Punch Recipe
Rhubarb grows abundantly in our large farm garden. I'll make this punch for summertime gatherings or for special occasions with our extended family.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 8 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 5 cups water
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 cups orange juice
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 quart ginger ale, chilled
- 1 quart fresh or frozen strawberries, optional
- Ice cubes
- 1. In a large kettle, simmer rhubarb and water until rhubarb is soft. Cool; strain through several layers of cheesecloth. Measure 4 cups juice and return to kettle with the sugar. Heat until sugar is dissolved. Chill.
- 2. Refrigerate or freeze any remaining rhubarb juice for another batch. Combine orange and lemon juices and rhubarb mixture. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, stir in ginger ale and strawberries if desired. Serve in chilled glass over ice. Yield: about 12 cups.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 153 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC