Rhubarb Citrus Punch Recipe
- 8 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 5 cups water
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 cups orange juice
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 quart ginger ale, chilled
- 1 quart fresh or frozen strawberries, optional
- Ice cubes
- 1. In a large kettle, simmer rhubarb and water until rhubarb is soft. Cool; strain through several layers of cheesecloth. Measure 4 cups juice and return to kettle with the sugar. Heat until sugar is dissolved. Chill.
- 2. Refrigerate or freeze any remaining rhubarb juice for another batch. Combine orange and lemon juices and rhubarb mixture. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, stir in ginger ale and strawberries if desired. Serve in chilled glass over ice. Yield: about 12 cups.
1 cup: 153 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 9mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Rhubarb Citrus Punch
"Cool and refreshing! Great punch recipe!"
"Delicious! I made it with 1 cup of granulated Sugar substitute (Splenda) and light Ginger Ale."