- 8 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 5 cups water
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 cups orange juice
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 quart ginger ale, chilled
- 1 quart fresh or frozen strawberries, optional
- Ice cubes
- In a large kettle, simmer rhubarb and water until rhubarb is soft. Cool; strain through several layers of cheesecloth. Measure 4 cups juice and return to kettle with the sugar. Heat until sugar is dissolved. Chill.
- Refrigerate or freeze any remaining rhubarb juice for another batch. Combine orange and lemon juices and rhubarb mixture. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, stir in ginger ale and strawberries if desired. Serve in chilled glass over ice. Yield: about 12 cups.
Originally published as Rhubarb Citrus Punch in Country Extra July 1991, p45
Reviews for Rhubarb Citrus Punch
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 30, 2014
"Cool and refreshing! Great punch recipe!"
Reviewed May. 5, 2011
"Delicious! I made it with 1 cup of granulated Sugar substitute (Splenda) and light Ginger Ale."