Rhubarb Chutney Appetizer Recipe
My husband is a true-blue rhubarb lover, so I'm sure to make this spread often each spring. With frozen rhubarb, it's a terrific take-along appetizer for holiday gatherings. —Joyce Pappenfus, St. Cloud, Minnesota
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup diced peeled apples
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Assorted crackers
- 1. For chutney, combine the first eight ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 35 minutes or until thickened. Cool. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Spread over a serving platter. Spread chutney over cream cheese. Top with onions and peanuts. Serve with crackers. Yield: about 3 cups.
Reviews for Rhubarb Chutney Appetizer
Reviewed May. 9, 2009
"Definantly a keeper!!!!! just the right amount of everything"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC